My name is Paola. I live in Canada. I'm not from Canada but I've been living here for more than 5 years. I grew up in a Christian family. I don't know why I forgot almost all of my childhood. I just remember some little things and I have some images that come mostly from pictures. I always wonder why in the world I forgot my childhood. I think that is it was pretty good, although I'm not sure, of course. During the time I was a child and a teenage I lived in 4 big cities. We moved from house around 10 times. It made me very good at facing changes. I grew up in a big city of 10 million people. When I was 15 years old I started to go to church because I really wanted, not because my parents took me there. Anyways, I always liked church and God things. At that time I decided to get baptized in water. After that, my 2 sisters and my mom also decided to baptize. We started to be more serious involved with God things. I feel that I have had some influence over my siblings good decisions in life. I remember I was really happy going to church. I could feel God and I had many friends to hang out. I also went to a nun catholic school during my high school. My life was from home to school and church. I always feel accepted and loved by the people around me. I remember that many times I felt bored. My parents didn't want me to be involved in any extra activity, so I just had to stay home and nothing else. Sometimes I think that's why I don't remember, is it possible that I don't remember my early years because they were so boring that I don't have anything to remember?, in fact I don't think so, I just think that unfortunately I've always been kind of scatterbrained. Or maybe I forgot it, because I moved so much that... well, it doesn't matter.
Well, in fact I started this Blogspot because my feelings now are down... at the same time I feel strong and not alone... God is with me now that some minutes away, I received the call saying that my dad has passed away... he was for more than 1 month at the Intensive unit care after a big stroke... he was all this time in a coma. Doctors told us we had to decide if remove the machines that were keeping him alive. We didn't want to decide the moment that my dad had to go with the Lord. Now, God decided and He's always good and I trust him. The peace and love that He's giving me now I cannot understand. God is good and He fulfils his promises. My children are with me and tell me: Mommy why are you crying? My grandpa is happy with God now? and I answered them, yes I know... I'm happy for him... it is just that I'm sad because I won't get to see him again...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doaHIOXIhH0
ReplyDelete