On December 28th my dad, mom and brother called me for my Birthday. My dad as loving as always. He told me that he couldn't believe he was living to have a 34 y old daughter. He was always with different kind of sickness including diabetes, kidney failure, hypertension etc. They sang the happy birthday song for me, it was so cute. 3 days after on December 1st, it was the last time I talked to my dad. He was complaining about an urine infection but his mood was great. We talked like 25 minutes. He was telling me about the difficult situation in Colombia and how so many people were dying because of many floods. I told him about my children and the difficulties I had to raise them up, you know! they don't obey and weird behaviors and stuffs like that. He seemed worried about it and I told him: daddy, when I pray they improve and he seemed ok with that. I was telling him about the plans and that I had an appointment at 11 am and it was 10 am already and I had not taken my shower yet, but we kept talking and at the end he said: oh dear, lately we keep talking and talking and nobody stop us! and laughed and I laughed with him and I was happy that he felt that way because sometimes I heard him say that I just wanted to talk to my mom. I'm very close to my mom and we talk a lot too. In fact, I loved him and liked to talk to him, but sometimes he was just like: do you want to talk to your mom? although he was always extremely loving. The thing also is that he was feeling very sick last years, he was under dialysis for 7-8 years and then in may 2010 he had a kidney transplant. The recovery was very very hard. So that, sometimes he didn't have enough strength to talk. He always called me his first joy!! what a nice compliment! Daddy I love you so much! I can't believe you are gone.
On December 3d at 1 am my sister called me crying and desperate saying that my dad was in very bad condition at the hospital. He kept feeling bad about his urine infection, he was taking his antibiotics. But, besides he was having a hard headache. My dad never had headaches. Everybody that I know has headaches but not him. He was complaining the whole night, he couldn't sleep and neither my mom. They called to the hospital and they said he should go to the emergencies. He just had this kidney transplant so we had to be careful with everything about him. When he arrived to the emergency room he was said that he was going to be hospitalized because of the infection. He didn't like it but what else he could do? He laid on the hospital bed and my mm was by his side. He was complaining about his headache and my mom was taking care of him. Suddenly my mom realized that my dad fell asleep but he was doing an odd sound with his mouth so she decided to call the doctor. He said that my dad was just deeply slept. My dad didn't trust what he said so she called another doctor and they realized that indeed he did't wake up. He was having a stroke, a large one. 1 month before, one of the multiple doctors that saw my dad, prescribed him a medication (heparin)that makes the blood very thin and increases the risk for Hemorrhagic stroke. When he arrived at the hospital, the nurse put more heparin in him so I'm sure it worsened the situation. He was under surgery that same day in the morning and the doctors said there was not too much hope. My dad stayed 1 month at the intensive care Unit. We were waiting God's will. We were waiting a miracle. We were accepting God's will. We thought that if it was the moment of my dad to go with the Lord, it was ok. We believe that God has everything in his hands and that He's good and that He loves us. After 1 month, the doctors said he had brain death and we should decide to disconnect the machines keeping him alive. I said to my mom: I think we should wait some days and the Lord will decide, we won't have to intervene on the moment God wanted to take him and it was like that, God decided it... God took him home yesterday, January 6th... I try to imagine what he's doing now and feel in peace. I told him how much I loved him and I showed it, I think. He always told me I was an excellent daughter. He was an excellent dad. He loved me with so much passion in his heart and I was very attached to him. In June 2010 I went to visit him in my country. I just went to see him so I feel so blessed that I could go to see him and share time with him. God has done everything good at His time... Thank you Lord Jesus for my dad! I love you daddy and I'm going to miss you so much...

No comments:
Post a Comment