Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fasting....day 2

I decided to write about my fasting as a method to encourage myself to finish it. I want to go across a 21 day fast. Yesterday I could make it and today, it goes very well. I'm not doing it to lose weight, although I'd  like to lose some pounds but I do it because I want to be close to the Lord. I want him to throw the wall down, I want to get him! I want to be sensitive to His voice. Lord, could you help me?
For the last 2 months I have been going to a gym, it is one of my goals to be in good health and shape. I'm a dietitian and I want to give the example to others. Exercising is very important for so many things. Carbs are important when you work out but I get them from fruits and some milk since I don't have my starches. I thought I couldn't work out while fasting, but I don't want to lose the habit. Once I stop doing something good, it takes so much to get it back so I prefer to go on.
My menu yesterday for my fasting was:
Breakfast: 1 cup of melon + 1 banana (then I worked out hard at the gym)
                 1 banana
                 1 coffee + 120 ml of milk
                 1 egg
Snack: 1 handful of nuts
Lunch: chicken +shrimps with lots of veggies
            1 coffee
             7 grapes
Snack and supper: nothing

2 comments:

  1. You and I are fasting for the same reason, to draw closer to the Lord. Although I would be happy to lose weight, that is not my goal with this fast either.

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I am praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marla! I'm glad to meet a sis of prayer and fast!! it's a great moment for this! I made it today too!! Thanks so much for praying for me!! it is one of the greatest things someone can make for me! yay! God is so good! He's giving me and my family strength... :) Blessings! and will be praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete